Friday, March 23, 2007

Rest of the trip up...



Right, so where was I? ah yes, the rest of the trip. So after the hell that was the Edmonton Airport, we switched from West Jet over to First Air which was saaawwweeeet! Talk about leg room! do it! no? alright fine we don't have to if you don't want to. But can we talk about meals? For the first leg from Edmonton to Yellowknife we got a nice breakfast:

And hot towels too! I had no idea what to do with it at first, buuuuuuuuut eventually I figured it out. My shoes were so clean for the rest of that flight! Everything about the flight north was more enjoyable. Nicer views, only 15 people on the entire flight, free booze, and of course, free cloud watching. Now I may not have flown much, but I'm preeeetty sure other airlines charge you too look at the clouds. Did I mention I had to sell 6 vital organs to afford the flight? They don't tend to tell you how much it costs to fly north in all the pretty advertisements to come north.


The Yellowknife airport was about the size of the Subway on Quinpool Road. Have you tried the new Meatball Sub at Subway for just $4.99!? Because it is amazing. On a totally unrelated note, today's update was brought to you by Quinpool Road Subway. Subway, Eat Fresh.

So that pretty much sums up the actual flights to arrive in the north. We hopped on another plane to fly into Inuvik, and then drove down to Fort McPherson.
Total time flying was about...12 hours I think? Total time travelling though was.....roughly...32 hours. Fun yes?

Okay so now that that's out of the way, I'll try and post some pics of Ft McPherson itself, but Blogger is being a dick and takes like 20 min to post one pic, so I'm trying to find an alternative host for my pics. Thanks to anyone who has checked this out so far, and feel free to leave me some comments and let me know whats going on. Or not. But yeah, you might as well do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

both interesting and fascinating, an all around great read! I can't believe your living in the arctic circle!!! your crazy mother f'er! keep on with the blogs, your comical.

Anonymous said...

I am kinda getting into this bloggin thing... your missing some nice weather here Alex... 15 degrees!!! Hope all is good up your way!
-billy_hines / bill bill hines

April said...

Told you I'd read it - now you have to read mine.

Glad I'm not the only one who gets giddy enough about plane food to take pictures of it. And the view of clouds...

Excellent so far - I'm off to carry on with it.

That English Bird