Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cougars on the prowl...

No, unfortunately it's not that 42 year old that you work with who still knows how to party, there's a real live Cougar/Mountain Lion/Puma on the loose! I don't have much else to tell you about it other than there's been a lot of bad horny older women jokes going around and reports of some guy's dogs getting harassed by said cougar. (Or so says the receptionist at my work, and SHE heard it from a very VERY reliable source...at least that's my understanding)

I'll do my best to get a picture! That is, if this cougar decides to walk into my living room while I have my camera turned on and pointed in his/her direction. If it tries to be any more cunning than that though...you may be outta luck.

In other news, you may have noticed my lack of pictures from the float plane ride I was gloating about last week. Wellll ya see....that didn't happen! Bad weather caused the MacKenzie to be extra choppy and the lame pilots were too scared to try taking off. Ha! Imagine that. What do they know anyway!

In one final piece of news...I should also mention that you are now talking to the head coach of both the Senior Boys Soccer AND Basketball teams! *coughs, adjusts self*
I don't know how I fell into that, but I'm certainly knee deep in it. The soccer season looks to be an extra grueling one...with a demanding schedule of 5 soccer practices over the next 2 weeks, and then a tournament in Hay River on the 19th.

...

...

...

Wha? Nope, that's it! That is the soccer season here. ha!
I'll be laughing all the way to the partial-service bank! (I assume I will be getting paid for this high school coaching gig. That IS why people do this kind of stuff isn't it?...)


I do have a question for any blog readers out there...anyone have a good set of plans for making a modest dog house? Keeping in mind that I don't really have any access to lumber and woodworking materials. But I'm willing to ask around for odds and ends if need be. I'm trying to look out for my baby girl, winter is coming you know.

6 comments:

April said...

You mean she's not allowed to sleep in the house in winter? That's mean... What about the cougar?

Alex said...

Cougar?! There's a cougar around town!?!
Oh right, THAT cougar. She still will sleep inside at night, but it would give me peace of mind to know that when I'm at work she has the option to rest in a warm dog house.

Amy Appleby said...

Maybe you could make her a house out of old peanut butter jars....I know you have a lot of those on hand...

Alex said...

You still haven't forgiven me for eating your 2kg tub of peanut butter have you!? I promise I'll make it up to you one day

Mongoose said...

No access to lumber? Why don't you just order it from Igloo in Hay River? 874-2324. You can get your tools from them, too. In fact, they could probably even build the roof trusses for you. Actually, for all I know they could put a whole dog house package together for you. They're nice that way.

Mongoose said...

A couple links you might want to look up for plans:

http://www.doghouseplans.com/
http://www.abetterbackyard.net/free-diy-doghouseplans.html
http://www.ebackroad.com/0ndsuedu-freebackyardbuildingplans.html