Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Greeting from Yellowknife! Next up...Blue Spork!


First of all...what's your deal YK Inn!?!? Yes I get it, you've renovated your rooms. I appreciate it, believe me. I agree, it was a big risk in going with the white duvets.
But come on, who decided that it would be a great idea to have 4 lamps in a room that could easily be served by 1 overhead or possibly 2 bedside lamps?! I feel like if there's ever a tungsten shortage that my room will be the first place invaded by those in need.
And that bathroom door? I literally had to turn sideways a la Tim Taylor on Home Improvement to get through it.

I want names.

Especially the name of the guy that said "nuh uh, no bottle openers will be present in this hotel."
No matter how funny I may find it in retrospect, I still didn't enjoy losing a beer out of my window as I attempted to pop the cap off on the window ledge. I want answers goddammit!

ohhhhhh what a cruel world!

Well, regardless of my own (valid) personal tribulations, I will be heading back to Simpson late tomorrow morning.
Also, just to get it out of the way, my apologies go out to anyone on the First Air flight from Simpson to YK with me on Monday. I may have been overly cautious with my butter/applesauce/water/dressing when I opened them. I can now see that I may have looked like a man who had arms minus elbows and a mouth minus a bottom lip. I'm not used to getting meals on non-pressurized planes! Usually I get humiliated because I brazenly open my yogurt with no regard for the great amounts of pressure dwelling within the yogurt and then I spray yogurt all over myself and the immediate 3 rows.

Glad we cleared that up.

P.S.
I realize that Keiths does not require a bottle opener (Oh COME ON). Alex in YK for 2 nights MAY (or may not) equal 2 trips to the liquor store....

P.P.S.
I know! I still can't believe I managed to fit in a reference to Tim Taylor either.

3 comments:

Megan said...

It was great to finally meet you after all these months of stalking. :)

Way Way Up said...

Oh man that really sucks about losing the beer. When I was in Europe last summer it seemed every hotel room I stayed in had at least a couple lying around somewhere. There never seemed to be one too far out of arm's reach.

Anonymous said...

That sucks about the hotel. Their policies are enough of a reason to go the liquor store. I did not know that they had Alexander Keith's in the Northwest Territories. It is nice that there are Fords in Yellowknife. Are there are any microbrews from Canada's north?

www.sports2debate.com