Friday, January 30, 2009

Weekend Update

A morning update?? As in writing an update BEFORE my mandatory 7.5 cups of coffee? Are you sure?

Well my mind is saying yes, my body...well, not so much.

I thought it would be a good idea to write it down on the official record of everything (uhh..the internets people!) that I'm driving to Yellowknife this afternoon! Partly for pleasure...partly to drive a poor, disadvantaged foreigner who doesn't speak English to the YK Airport. Hey, it's alright, I don't need any praise for these acts of kindness...it's just who I am! Others, well they might feel like contacting the local news media to gain recognition of something this unselfish...but me? Well I just call it Friday.
...
...
...

In completely unrelated news, if I'm found on the side of the road mauled to death in a koala bear-like fashion, I'm going to guess that my friend Dave took exception to me calling him a poor, disadvantaged foreigner. Hey, I'm just tell it like it is! And you DON'T speak English, you speak Australianese. It's a fact. And seeing as how this is my blog, I can factualize whatever I please!

I should also mention, there's currently a moderate sized storm hitting Simpson right now, and it's expected to carry across to YK through the day. So...if I time things just right I can get to drive in the midst of the snow and winds all day. A guy can dream can't he?
In summary, here's hoping I don't die...or crash my truck. But more so the not dying part. But...then I do love my truck...hmmm tough call.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

If you haven't left by the time you read this, you should stop into Fort Rae either on the way there or the way back. If you do, here is my challenge for you -- FIND the Northern store WITHOUT asking anyone for help. It's not as easy as it sounds! If you do, find the manager David or his wife Connie and tell them we sent you. They may even treat to you a coffee for it! :)

Meandering Michael said...

Watch out for the bison around Providence!

Megan said...

E-mail me. We should get together!

Alex said...

Thanks for the heads up!

From the sounds of the weather towards Providence and that area (high drifts) we may end up becoming temporary Rae residents! Then, I assume, the location of the Northern would magically become apparent to me. :)

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Not that it's any of my business but why is your friend flying out of YK and not Hay River? Wouldn't that be closer?

Alex said...

I guess it was because he was flying Air Canada Jazz out of YK straight to Vancouver. I never really did question his flight bookings as much as I should have...hmmm...

I just know he's as disgusted as I am with paying $800 for a round trip flight from Simpson to YK. *gag*