Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hello truck winch...my old friend.



Hi winch. It's me, Alex.

I know we don't spend much time together. I swear I didn't plan for things to turn out like this. It was supposed to be so different! I had big plans for the 2 of us. You and me were gonna take on the world!
First, we'd haul ourselves out of a ditch or 2, then maybe help some poor shmuck on the side of the road...then who knows?? Well you know what, I know. I wrote these things down. Trip wires! Scaling buildings! Pulling children out of wells!
They're all on the list...

(Umm...you should probably just ignore that last item)

But yeah, you're right...nothing!!
For the first few months I just told people I didn't have a chance to use you yet, and they believed it. But now? Well now they're starting to question you. They says "ooh bet that thing doesn't even work does it?" and "Ha! Stupid winch! Ha!".
They just don't understand...

God, it seems like only yesterday when I first unwinded you across the parking lot at the band office. Heck, we were just kids back then! But what fun we had that day! You, slowly but steadily wirring away. Me, standing a clear and safe distance but smiling all the while. Ohh what a time it was to be a boy with his winch!

What do we do now?...

We wait. We wait together.

You just keep looking badass, and I'll take care of the rest...which is mainly just dusting the snow off of you and telling everyone I know that you exist.

I love you winch.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Go try and get stuck somewhere! That is what my husband(s) do.

Matt, Kara and Hunter said...

This is exactly what my husband wants. Of course it is a necessary item to add to our truck....

Alex said...

I fully agree!

Although I should mention I'm not quite sure why it's completely necessary...

but...it is!

Tina: I have big plans to get royally stuck this coming spring! I'll be sure to take pictures of the glorious moment. =)

Anonymous said...

I like how they have Fords there.