Monday, March 30, 2009

Was it something I did? Something I didn't do??...

So it would appear that Winter is quickly leaving me...

..and while I'm sure this news comes as a positive for most of you I can't help but get a little down as it will mean the end of one of my favourite seasons, right up there with Summer, Fall, and Spring.
I love the oneupsmanship that Winter brings here...(Did you hear it's -55 in Inuvik today?? Yeah well it was -60 with the windchill this morning in Yellowknife! Bah that's nothing, there's eleventy billion feet of snow on my roof right this moment!)
Oh sure, there's a bit of that here in the Summer months, but it doesn't quite have the same effect when you live at 62 degrees latitude. (Gawwwrsh! I heard it's gonna be +22C tomorrow! You think that's crazy?? With the humidity it'll feel like +27 today in Norman Wells!)
Yous sees whats I means....yes?


Unfortuantely, the warm weather brings one other thing...

1 comment:

jen said...

oh I feel for you, I really really do. Back to the days of hair in my coffee, hair in my food, hair in my mouth. It feels never ending. Those few winter months of the house being free of Tallinn clumps have been glorious.
Have you tried a product called the "Furminator"? It really helps, as best it can anyways (if Sadie is anything like Tallinn you could brush them for hours and it still doesn't do much).