Friday, April 3, 2009

I got a basketball jones oh baby oheeeeeoooooooh

So I'm heading to Yellowknife again this weekend...I know I know: who's side are you on anyway, traitor, and stay there!
I have been going there lots I will admit...but this weekend my pride is on the line!
There's the Arctic Shootout Basketball Tournament taking place all weekend, so a few of us Simpsonites are entering a team. Not quite sure what to expect, but I hear there's some good players in YK. Or maybe that's just big city propaganda trying to discourage us small towners who don't know much 'nout no nothin'...so many variables to consider!
We have a game tonight at 8pm at the St. Pat's school, and then 3 more games tomorrow, and then a possibility of 1 or 2 more games on Sunday. This...will...be...unnnnnnnnnnnnnnpleasant! I haven't played in a bball tournament in a few years, and my current trend of playing twice a week won't quite leave me prepared me thinks...
So if you see an update on Sunday that consists of some meager whimpering and a few words of pity-inducing nonsense...you'll know why!

Now, here's a picture of my wild, savage, came-here-to-kick-ass-and-chew-bubble-gum-but-she's-all-outta-bubble-gum, bush-raised dog.
FEAR HER!

(I think an appropriate caption would be..."rawr")

No comments: