Thursday, April 30, 2009

SPRING BLOWOUT BONANZA! We are overstocked with blog items! Everything must go!


Okay so maybe a bit over dramatic...but the point is that I've been a bad blogger as of late. Not in a "I'm a baaaad little blogger. Ain't I just adorable?" kind of way (disturbing, I know), but rather that I haven't had the time and/or motivation to make an effort. Lots to talk about though...and some of it doesn't even have to do with dogs!
But now that you mention it (remember: my blog, I make the truth), I still have been dogsitting. And those two have still been getting freeeeeeeeeaaaaakaaaaaayyy:

I'm not what I interrupted...and to be honest I don't really want to know...but Sam's exploration into different positions is starting to frighten me.

Ah shoot, I know I said this wasn't going to be all about dogs...but now that we've opened that proverbial doggie door...DOG SHOW!



Of course all this fun out with the dogs in the warm weather isn't without its unpleasantness. Take for instance the golf course, which has been a favourite spot of doggie activities for the past 6 months, is now losing its luster. Imagine a world, if you may, when our alien overlords force us to walk endlessly in knee deep water and slush...horrifying!
I suppose it might look something like this:


This is in addition to the regular Fort Simpson hazards...such as having to make sure a plane isn't about to land on you. Unfortunately (or fortunately...depending on how to look at it) this is an actual possibility in Fort Simpson:


(I look at this as a good thing...cause man, if I gotta go...whatta way to go!)

And now for the real reason I actually updated...fire!


Luckily this was just a regular brush fire in the field in the middle of town...dems is big ol' flames though eh!

Speaking of fires...did any other Bluenose Bloggers see in the news about that fire in Halifax (or Spryfield to be more precise) yesterday? Dammmmmmmn!

Although I think the picture about 3/4 down in that story may be just a taaad misleading of how close the fire was to downtown Halifax.

Anywho, I'm gearing up for a busy weekend. I'm actually moving to a new residence tomorrow, or at least that's what I've been telling people. My next move is to actually pack. And then to actually clean. But in actuality, I've done nothing of these actual tasks.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Bluenose Blogger! I love it. I did hear about the Halifax fire, Mom emailed me some pics yesterday. Scary stuff. And I LOVE Dog Show... Mr. David Larry + Miss Colleen + Mr. Bojangles = Magic. Must be a NS thing, lol!

Susie!!! said...

Those two dogs are priceless together :)