Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What I did on my summer vacation...(Part 2)

AAAAAAAAAAnd now for the 2nd part of our featured 3 part mini-series...
JULY


So we pick up where JUNE left off...where our glorious hero was last seen departing Nova Scotia with his trusty side-kick...Girlfriend. (No wait! There's pictures! How many times do I have to tell you that she's no imaginary??)
So we arrived in Ottawa after a brief flight and quickly got to work with a straight week of....well...mostly nothingness. (side note: I had no idea that "nothingness" was a real word...spell check didn't even ding me for it!) We actually were staying outside of the city with some friends for the first few days...Arnprior to be precise. And for those not in the know, Arnprior is to Ottawa what buttons are to shirts: Kinda pointless until someone tells you that it's inappropriate to expose your chest hair while eating in a public restaurant and then they are a GODSEND! (am I right!?)
Okay so maybe Arnprior wasn't all that exciting...but once we went into the city we involved ourselves in lots of touristy type activities including visiting Parliament:



Taking "bad-as-I-wanna-be" pictures:



Spotting dirty words:


Drinking our faces off at bars on Canada Day:



annnnd setting up elaborate dinners so that I may address the people:


Well that just about wraps up our July flash-back....and thank god there's only August left to bring us up to date because, well let's be honest, who really cares about things that happened MONTHS AGO!?....I'll tell who cares! I DO!... OR, if that response isn't your style, how about: You have to know where you've been to know where you're going? Yeah! History! Woohoo!

Today's post was brought to you by the thought: "and I should care because?..."

You take care now.

No comments: