Monday, September 6, 2010

The bane of my existence (for today anyway)


Keeping an award-winning yard isn't something my roommate and I really pride ourselves on. I don't think either of us really mind doing manual labour at all; hell Mike is a mechanic, and I'm uhh....a guy who spends most of his day in an office...
So yeah, like I was saying: we're both the manual labour type. Especially Mike, but ESPECIALLY me.

Our lawn only sees the likes of a rake or a lawnmower a few times a summer (if that), so when we decided to do the front and back lawns today, I was all like "EFF YEAH!" (what? This is a family blog...go elsewhere for your swears you dirty minded fuckers!)
Buuuut of course once approximately 9% of the total lawn has been cut, the lawnmower crapped out and NOTHING will get it started again! We've tried everything: yelled at it, swore at it, demoralized it, motivated it, and then a few other useless actions. Nothing!

That'll teach me to do stuff on Labour Day. But I really do think it should be renamed "Labour-Free Day" or "Labourless Day", or maybe even "Don't Do Shit Today Day".


But at least somebody was entertained by all the rage-induced frustration-dance in the backyard:


Cheeky big-headed bugger...
And look! He has a dog with him.

No comments: