Monday, September 6, 2010

Everyone likely already knows that Fort Simpson is an island in the MacKenzie River, and many likely know as well that it's situated on the Liard River as well. It used to be called Fort of the Forks actually.
(What!? You didn't know that? Oh man...that is embarrassing. But then who am I to judge.)


Now I know what you're thinking: BOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRING!

and although I should be greatly offended by you coming in here to my blog and shooting down my attempt at a post...I will continue! I'm just that committed to this.

So where's the thing you may not have known about Fort Simpson? See here:
It's disappearing!


Erosion is a constant problem along the banks of the island. There's signs all along the edge of the island warning all those who might get too close to the banks.

On a serious note, one resident of Fort Simpson was killed after going over the edge of the island a couple of months ago. Suspicious circumstances surrounding his death or not...it's a sketchy spot!

So there you have it. MacKenzie River: Plotting our deaths as we speak??

You decide.

No comments: